Individualized Education Program (IEP)
All children receiving special education services must have an Individualized Education Program (IEP). The IEP is a important document, development by the IEP team that describes the child’s needs and how the school will provide the special educational services that will meet those in needs.
The IEP is considered an educational plan that:
- Describes the child’s skills and areas of need
- Lists the services to be provided to the student
- Outlines the plan of specially-designed instruction to address those skills and maximize skills
- Identifies the appropriate educational placement
- Identifies educational goals to focus on during the year
All parents need to complete the information in the registration package as well as additional relevant background information including psychological assessments, paediatrician requests, and other reports by relevant medical professionals.